Janette Brook, MBA, ARM Joined RMS
We would like to introduce Janette Brook as the newest member of the Risk Management Services team. Janette has officially joined us on July 1, 2018, and will be handling various key accounts. Since obtaining her Marketing degree and MBA, she set her sights on a career in the insurance industry.
Upon obtaining her Property and Casualty Broker-Agent license, she began her career in insurance with Prudential Financial enjoying sales and service to multi-line customers. Her interests turned to insurance claims management and started a new position with California State Automobile Association (CSAA) as an Adjuster, moving through the ranks as a Claims Examiner to a Litigation Specialist, managing complex litigation files. She entered management as a Liability Claims Supervisor in 1995 and retired as a Regional Supervisor in 2004. Although she left the private insurance sector, she soon entered the public sector managing claims and litigation with Alameda County Risk Management from 2005 until her retirement, December 2017.
Her qualifications include
- Extensive claims handling knowledge including General Liability, Medical Malpractice, Auto Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Inverse Condemnation, Property, Pollution, Crime, DFEH/EEOC complaints.
- Directing claims and litigation for a large public entity with oversight of TPA claims.
- Attendance at all sensitive, significant mediations and settlement conferences with preparation and attendance in closed session to seek authority from the Board of Supervisors.
- Quality reviews of defense counsel case handling with extensive knowledge of legal principles.
- Extensive negotiating skills.
- Serving large client base including County Sheriff’s Department, Probation, District Attorney, Public Defender, County Counsel, ITD, Public Works, Healthcare Services, and Social Services.
- Claims and fraud auditing.
- Management of 30+ adjusters in the private sector with expertise in the areas of homeowners, property, personal injury, liability, and litigation.
Since her retirement from Alameda County, she has completed her Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation. We welcome Janette’s extensive claims and insurance experience!
Ken Maiolini ARM-P